44 Attorneys and 14 Practice Areas Recognized in Chambers USA 2008 Edition
Five Practices and Attorneys in 16 Categories Achieve Top Ranking
Palo Alto, Calif. -- June 17, 2008 -- Cooley Godward Kronish LLP is pleased to announce that the sixth annual Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business honors 44 of the Firm's attorneys as leaders in their respective fields, with 16 categories featuring a Cooley partner as top-ranked. Cooley also received recognition for 14 of its practices in 21 different categories, five of which received a #1 ranking.
The recognition bestowed this year continues a multi-year upward trend in the number of Cooley attorneys and practices ranked among the best in the country. In 2007, 31 Cooley attorneys and 11 practices in 17 categories were recognized by Chambers. Of those, 10 attorneys and three practices received top rankings.
The London-based Chambers is widely accepted as the standard for legal distinction around the world. The publication's selection process is based on interviews with in-house law departments and with other attorneys around the country. The rankings are based on qualities such as technical legal ability, professional conduct, commitment, client service and commercial awareness. For more information, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
Cooley is honored that the following practices and attorneys received top ranking:
- Our Investment Funds: Venture Capital practice was ranked #1 nationally
- Our Life Sciences practice was ranked #1 both nationally and in California
- Our Technology Transactions Group was ranked #1 in IT & IT Outsourcing in California
- Our Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital practice was ranked #1 in California
- Our Corporate/M&A practice was ranked #1 in No. California and Colorado
- Antonio Calabrese ranked #1 in Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use in Northern Virginia
- Craig Dauchy ranked #1 in Investment Funds: Venture Capital nationally
- Stephen Gardner ranked #1 in Tax: Controversy nationally
- Robert Jones ranked #1 in Life Sciences: Commercial both nationally and in California
- Barbara Kosacz ranked #1 in Life Sciences: Commercial in California
- John Lavoie ranked #1 in Real Estate in Northern Virginia
- Michael Lincoln ranked #1 in Corporate/M&A in Northern Virginia
- James Linfield ranked #1 in Corporate/M&A in Colorado
- Stephen Neal ranked #1 in Litigation: General Commercial in California
- Mark Tanoury ranked #1 twice -- in Investment Funds: Venture Capital nationally and in Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital in California
- Francis Wheeler ranked #1 in Corporate/M&A in Colorado
- John Geschke received "Up and Coming" recognition in Capital Markets: Debt & Equity in California
- Patrick Mitchell received "Up and Coming" recognition in Private Equity:Venture Capital Investment in Massachusetts
- Mark Spoto received "Up and Coming" recognition in Corporate/M&A: Northern Virginia
The following Cooley partners were recognized by Chambers USA
within their respective practice areas:
Click here for the complete text of Cooley's rankings in the 2008 edition of Chambers USA.
About Cooley Godward Kronish LLP
Cooley Godward Kronish's 650 attorneys have an entrepreneurial spirit and deep, substantive experience, and are committed to solving clients' most challenging legal matters. From small companies with big ideas to international enterprises with diverse legal needs, Cooley has the breadth of legal resources to enable companies of all sizes to seize opportunities in today's global marketplace. The Firm represents clients across a broad array of dynamic industry sectors, including technology, life sciences, real estate, financial services, retail and energy.
The Firm has full-service offices in major commercial, government and technology centers nationwide: Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, San Diego, CA, San Francisco, CA, Reston, VA, Broomfield, CO, Washington, DC and Boston, MA.
For additional information, please visit www.cooley.com.