Cooley Announces Details of 2011 Medical Device Growth Conference
Palo Alto, Calif. – February 3, 2011 – Cooley LLP announced details of its 2011 Medical Device Growth Conference, to be held March 3, 2011 at the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco. Jefferies & Company, Inc. is co-sponsoring the conference.
The invitation-only conference will bring together leading executives, investors, entrepreneurs and thought leaders in the medical device industry and will focus on the key changes and drivers affecting the medical device industry as well as explore leading strategies for medical device companies and investors.
"We are pleased to once again organize and host what is becoming one of the top annual gatherings of medical device executives and investors," said Mark Weeks, head of Cooley's medical device practice. "In addition to the dynamic program, this conference is an opportunity for industry leaders to network and discuss the state of the sector with many of their peers."
Topics to be discussed include:
- Market Environment Panel – Capital markets and investors' perspective; regulatory environment and implications; hospitals, payors and other key constituents perspective.
- CEO Panel – CEO perspectives on managing resources, regulatory and reimbursement hurdles, funding environment, international opportunities and growth initiatives in uncertain times.
- Strategic Partnering and M&A Panel – Buyer and seller's perspective, trends, challenges and opportunities. Lessons from the trenches.
Panelists and Moderators include:
- Andrew Cleeland, President & CEO, Ardian, Inc.
- Craig Dauchy, Partner & Chair, Venture Capital Practice Group, Cooley LLP
- Raj Denhoy, Managing Director, Jefferies & Company, Inc.
- Dr. Eric Fain, President, Cardiac Rhythm Management Division, St. Jude Medical
- Daniel LeMaitre, President & CEO, White Pine Medical
- Richard Meier, Executive Vice President & CFO, Teleflex Inc.
- Frank Rahmani, Partner, Cooley LLP
- Michael Robinson, Managing Director, Healthcare Investment Banking, Jefferies & Company, Inc.
- Andrew Thompson, Co-Founder and CEO, Proteus Biomedical
- Dr. Euan Thomson, President & CEO, Accuray, Inc.
- Janet Trunzo, Executive Vice President, Technology/Regulatory Affairs, Advanced Medical Technology Association
- Mark Weeks, Partner, Cooley LLP
- Dr. Jay Yadav, Founder & CEO, CardioMEMS
Additional sponsors include: Barney & Barney, Ernst & Young, FLG Partners, Redwood Valuation, RR Donnelley and Silicon Valley Bank. For additional information on the conference, please visit: http://www.cooley.com/MedDevice2011_Mar2011
About Cooley LLP
Cooley's 650 attorneys have an entrepreneurial spirit and deep, substantive experience, and are committed to solving clients' most challenging legal matters. From small companies with big ideas to international enterprises with diverse legal needs, Cooley has the breadth of legal resources to enable companies of all sizes to seize opportunities in today's global marketplace. The Firm represents clients across a broad array of dynamic industry sectors, including technology, life sciences, venture capital, clean energy, real estate and retail.
The Firm has full-service offices in major business and technology centers nationwide: Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, San Diego, CA, San Francisco, CA, Reston, VA, Broomfield, CO, Washington, DC, Boston, MA and Seattle, WA.