Powering Innovation, Defending Success … and Navigating DC
On January 1st, Dow Lohnes will join Cooley. The convergence will deliver the solutions education clients need to navigate increasingly complex government oversight and rapid technological advances.
Read our press release.
Technology is a driving force in our educational system, from K-12 education to academic and research institutions. Cooley has a unique practice focused on the portion of the education sector tailored to the distinct needs of high growth companies developing leading educational tools, resources and products, and the universities and institutions that leverage these technologies. Cooley also helps universities and research institutions protect their inventions and license those inventions to the private sector, as well as assist companies in licensing technology and patents from universities and research institutions.
Our attorneys have significant experience working with educationally focused companies through the full life-cycle from start-ups to leading public companies. We have a multi-disciplinary team to support education companies in a broad range of areas, including corporate & securities, litigation, export compliance, emerging growth companies, intellectual property, internet law, privacy, mergers & acquisitions, licensing, private equity, public and private offerings, technology transactions, trademark, copyright & advertising and venture capital financings.
- More than 25 attorneys who work with companies in this industry
- Extensive experience in: corporate formation, venture financing, M&A, licensing agreements relating to content and education technology
- Extensive experience in protecting and exploiting university created technology and inventions from both the university and the company perspective
- Extensive experience in litigating the issues that these companies and institutions routinely face
- Academic Institutions
- Technology Protection
- Educational Technology
- Educational Support Services
- Internet Services
- Online Curriculum
- Professional Education
- Research Foundations
- Retail educational products
- Technology Transfer