Cooley's Latin America Real Estate Group consists of real estate, tax and corporate lawyers with unparalleled experience in representing a wide range of commercial interests investing in the Latin American and Caribbean real estate markets.
The bilingual and bicultural knowledge of the attorneys in the Latin America Real Estate Group ensures expert guidance in navigating the complex challenges involving tax issues and compliance with local law in completing transactions in the region. Our attorneys are further supported by a strategic network of relationships with local professional service providers who complement our business-minded approach to legal services.
Cooley has led the representation of over 25 transactions in Latin America and the Caribbean including:
- Acquisition of the exclusive Dorado Beach Resort in Puerto Rico
- Sales of various open-air and enclosed shopping centers in Puerto Rico, totaling nearly $1.2 billion
- Acquisition of Aruba Marriott and Stellaris Casino Resort, one of the largest single-asset lodging transactions in the Caribbean
- Acquisition of a 1.2 million square foot warehouse/distribution center portfolio in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Acquisition and development of a four-star Hilton resort in Costa Rica
- Acquisition of the Royal Decameron Beach Hotel Casino and Resort in Panama
- Acquisition of a group of limited services hotels in the Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Costa Rica