Cooley's Real Estate Practice combines a deep understanding of law, real estate and capital markets to help clients reach their own objectives.
We assist owners, operators, developers, lenders, tenants and institutional investors and advisors with a wide variety of real property and related capital markets transactions, including:
An added dimension that we bring to any real estate transaction is immediate access to expertise in related disciplines within the Firm, which allows us to draw on the experience of our colleagues in other practice groups as needed. This process works especially well at Cooley because our practice groups have a long tradition of working together to meet client needs - however complex - efficiently and completely.
Recent Representative Transactions:
- $570M Disposition of the Manchester Grand Hyatt
- Representation of a major real estate fund in its acquisition of Hotels in Chicago and New Orleans
- Representation of a prominent local San Diego business in the sale of its office building
- Representation of a life science company in its acquisition of manufacturing facility in Las Vegas
- 81 Acre Rezoning by Dulles Airport for Greenfield Partners
Rankings and Accolades
- Ranked Among Most Outstanding Real Estate and Real Estate Land Use/Zoning Groups in the US in the 2012: Legal 500 US Edition
- #1 Ranked Real Estate Team in No. VA for 5 years in a row by Chambers USA
- Awarded the ALIS: 2011 Single Asset Transaction of the Year at the American Lodging and Investment Summit
- Awarded the 2013 GWCAR Real Estate Law Firm of the Year by the Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors