221 Main LLC
We represented the owner of a San Francisco office building in a lawsuit for damages due to breach of a long-term commercial office lease.
We are defending this commercial developer in 24 coordinated cases alleging $260 million in investment losses associated with the syndication of limited partnership or TIC interests in various senior assisted living facilities around the nation.
Athletics Investment Group, LLC
- We represented the owners of the Oakland Athletics in an arbitration proceeding seeking recovery of damages from the Joint Powers Authority, the agency that operates the Oakland Coliseum. We pursued claims that the agency had breached contractual obligations to repair and improve the facility for baseball at the same time that it renovated the facility for football. The dispute resolved without an arbitration hearing.
- We also represented the team owners in an arbitration proceeding involving the possible sale of the team to local buyers. The dispute turned on the valuation of the franchise and was resolved without an arbitration hearing.
Currently representing client in a financial accounting and management dispute relating to "The Bridges" of Rancho Santa Fe, a golf course and 500+ acre residential real estate development project with revenues in excess of $600 million.
BRIDGE Housing Corporation
BRIDGE, a nonprofit company, is the largest developer of affordable housing in California. We represent BRIDGE in cases involving property insurance rights, property development and alleged design and construction defects.
BV Holdings L.P.
Our client processed and distributed fresh and dehydrated vegetable products. We enforced crop purchase contracts and resolved disputes over real estate ownership, distribution contracts and facility rights.
City Investing Company Liquidating Trust
We represent this trust in litigation related to utility service contracts for a residential development involving a subsidiary of the trust's parent company.
We represent eBay in a lawsuit challenging a city's closure of a portion of a street. The closure benefits eBay, and the plaintiff claims to hold access easement rights.
We defended Ernest Rady, a prominent San Diego business leader and philanthropist, in a lawsuit filed in 2009 by several family members seeking $272 million in damages over a purported contract to buy out their shares in American Assets, Inc., a family-owned corporation. The jury delivered a unanimous verdict for the defense following less than a day's deliberations and a two-week trial in San Diego Superior Court. Following the verdict, the remaining claims for breach of fiduciary duty and dissolution were dismissed.
Gerson Bakar & Associates
We represent Gerson Bakar & Associates, a developer and operator of thousands of units of residential and commercial properties, in cases involving property insurance coverage disputes and alleged construction defects.
Main Plaza LLC
We helped Main Plaza, owner of a downtown, high-rise office building in San Francisco, successfully challenge an assessment valuation increase before the Assessment Appeals Board resulting from the renovation of its building.
Manchester Financial Group
We represented this client in front of the San Diego City Council, successfully arguing the rejection of two different appeals concerning the acceptance of the project's environmental review.
Menlo Equities LLC
We have represented this Silicon Valley real estate investment firm in cases involving easements, landlord-tenant disputes and real estate financing disputes.
Oliver & Company, Inc.
We represented this builder in disputes with the owner of an expensive residence and the architect of the residence.
Pacific Sun Industries, Inc.
We helped Pacific Sun Industries negotiate the early termination of its commercial lease.
PetSmart, a nationwide chain of large retail pet stores, has engaged us to resolve claims stemming from its development, construction, leasing and closing of stores, as well as enforcing its lease rights.
We helped Prentiss Properties, developer and manager of commercial real estate projects, to secure payment from a construction subcontractor to repair construction defects in a high-rise office building.
RNM Properties, Inc.
We represent this property developer in landlord-tenant disputes.
Sunroad Centrum Partners, LP
We defended this developer in a public nuisance suit brought by the City of San Diego regarding a commercial office tower that was alleged to encroach into FAA airspace and to present a safety hazard.
Represented Sunroad in breach of contract case involving a dispute over a purchase price adjustment provision in a residential land sale contract. Judgment in favor of our client and attorneys fees and costs awarded by the Court.
Woodside Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
We helped Woodside Hotels and Resorts, a provider of cooperative hotel services, resolve disputes relating to hotel ownership and management.
- We have represented the owners of multimillion dollar residences with major design and construction deficiencies, pursuing claims against their contractors and others.
- We have litigated land use restrictions on behalf of such diverse clients as a vineyard owner, the developer of residential lots and the owners of residential property.
- We have represented buyers and potential buyers of real estate in a variety of disputes.
- We have represented property owners in disputes over boundary lines and easement rights, enforcement of seismic retrofitting requirements and a neighboring property owner's failure to comply with zoning and permit requirements.